Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bloomin Tuesday

It's Bloomin’ Tuesday again and I want to show off these beautiful yellow roses. The bush was here when we moved in last October and had a few leftover blooms. I started giving her a daily watering a few days ago, snipped off all the old dead buds, and low and behold she has gone crazy with pretty blooms! Nothing like a good pruning’ to make a girl feel pretty! Hubby was so sweet and picked a few for me to put in my table vases.




This Lantana was also here when I moved in, isn’t it pretty? I love the yellow and pinks together! I can only take partial credit for this one as well. I noticed it starting to bloom, so I just trimmed off all the brown stuff and it took off in a hurry too. Hopefully in a couple weeks my hibiscus will start blooming and I can share those one Tuesday. Happy Spring!!


Check out the all the other pretty blooms at Ms. Green Thumb Jean!

Hay

10 comments:

  1. I love your roses - yellow is a favorite of mine! Lovely pictures - thanks for sharing them...Paula in IDaho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yellow rose. The Lantana is very pretty. I love the colors. My rose bushes aren't doning much yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty flowers! I love the lantana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Bloomin' Tuesday! The color combo of the lantana is lovely and the yellow rose is stunning! What fun you'll have discovering what else is planted around your new home. Thanks for joining the fun. It's nice to meet you! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!!

    Thanks for stopping by!! Your roses are doing beautiful! You obviously know what you are doing! I can't grow roses here, my backyard is darker than a forest with Walnut trees!!

    It looks like you have a nice blog started. I hope you are having fun. Good luck with your wedding album! Maybe you should just have a regualr one made up and then scrapbook the REALLY special pics ;-)

    Have a wonderful week!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yellow roses are so cheery! And I love purple anything:) Looking good:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yellow roses are beautiful. Thanks for sharing! ~~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  8. The yellow rose is beautiful. It looks like mine, called 'Gold Glow', but there are so many of them there's no telling what cultivar it is. My lantana has been blooming for months, but I have mostly 'New Gold', which is suitable to the desert. Others just don't do as well--seems they burn more easily.
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete