It has been raining here for FIVE STRAIGHT DAYS! It started Sunday night and has rained non-stop with no end in sight! Needless to say we are water-logged! I used to have trouble getting my dogs to go potty when it was raining. Well this week they have been shooting out the door like rocket dogs. On Tuesday, I came home from job #2, soaking wet, and let the dogs out. I assumed they would do their business and then be waiting by the back door to come inside. Thirty minutes went by and I had forgotten them. I ran frantically to let them in, all the while chastising myself for being such a terrible mommy. When I opened the door those hookers were standing in the rain on the other side of the house. Now it hasn't been just sprinkling a little, or trickling down, it has been coming down in BUCKETS! One of the men at my work said "The Angels must not have been to the bathroom in months" (I know, eww.) Anyway, it's pouring buckets outside and I am calling and calling for my dogs. Sure enough they come barreling around the corner of the house like they could not wait to get out of the rain. Roxy, the black one, always comes in leading the pack and Bella, the yellow one, follows suit. I opened the door and Roxy hightailed it into the kitchen. Bella is a little re-re so it takes her a minute to figure out how to use the steps every single time! While I am coaxing Bella into the kitchen, Roxy begins shaking off all the excess water. Well Monkey See, Monkey Do, Bella did the same right in the middle of my kitchen. GROSS!
After christening the kitchen, they strolled into the living room where I had their food waiting and a little extra treat (you know so they would forgive me for being such a bad mommy). As usual Bella started scarfing down her portion all the while staring longingly at Roxy's bowl. You see if Roxy isn't fast enough, Bella will eat both bowls of food. A few minutes later I checked to make sure that both dogs were eating; Roxy was sitting up "pretty" just staring at me like "Hello?? Aren't you forgetting something?" I said "Come on Roxy, go eat before Bella gets it!" She's not much for listening, so she just sat there continuing to stare at me.
Then it happened**Ding Ding -Light bulb** You see my husband is afraid the dogs, you know the ones covered in fur, are going to catch cold when they come in out of the rain so he always drys them off. I ran to the laundry room, grabbed a towel and returned asking "Is this what you want?" to which Bella stopped eating and they both went CRAZY! Like two kids on Christmas!! Problem solved.. she was waiting for her "blow dry."
Am I the only person with dogs that love the rain and running in the mud puddles but expect to be "blown dry" when they come back in the house? Or am I the only one with Diva Dogs?
Hope you all enjoy you loooong Memorial Day weekend. We're packing up the dogs and heading for drier ground! We're visiting my in-laws in Tampa. I fullyy intend to enjoy my holiday weekend with a little R&R&R-rest, rum ,relaxation- in the pool!! They've been warned, I am staying in my bathingsuit all weekend!
Talk Soon!
HayHay
ROTFL! I'm laughing with you, not at you. It's rained here ALL spring. Add mud from our yard, and pasture to the mix take your two and add two more and . . . . we go through at least one full load of towels a week just from muddy paws and wet fur. have a wonderful weekend and think of me while you're getting your R&R&R!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Ryan will be moving to Tampa in the next couple of weeks. he and a buddy of his from AIT are getting an apartment together. They'll be working and going to (fire school first). Tell your inlaws if they'd like to adopt a couple of cute, young soldiers, this Mama wouldn't mind at all! :0)
Love you lots!
Aww how divalicious they are!! Refined southern ladies!!! I know their grandparents will spoil 'em rotten with treats all weekend long!!!! Have a safe and blessed weekend!!!! We are planning your next trip out here already!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
muah!
Hey there...,we need you home email or your new work one!!! xoxo
ReplyDelete